- Jaegwon Kim. Philosophy of Mind (2011)
- Paul Churchland. Matter and Consciousness : A Contemporary Introduction to the Philosophy of Mind (1988).
- Tim Crane. *The Mechanical Mind: A Philosophical Introduction to Minds, Machines, and Mental Representation (2003).
- David Chalmers’ Philosophy of Mind: Current and Contemporary Readings (2002) is a good (and very large) sourcebook and includes excerpts from a number of the other important works listed here.
Intentionality and Mental Representation
- Robert Cummins. Meaning and Mental Representation (1989).
- Jerry Fodor. “Fodor’s Guide to Mental Representation” Mind 373.94 (1985), 76–100
- Stephen Stich and Ted A. Warfield, eds. Mental Representation: A Reader (1994).
- William Ramsey. Representation Reconsidered (2006).
- Jerry Fodor. The Language of Thought (1980).
Consciousness and Qualia
- David Chalmers. The Conscious Mind (1996).
- Daniel Dennett. Consciousness Explained (1991).
- Thomas Nagel. “What is it like to be a Bat?” The Philosophical Review 83.4 (1974), 435–50.
- Frank Jackson. “Epiphenomenal Qualia” The Philosophical Quarterly 32.127 (1982), 127–36.
Behaviorism and its Discontents
- Gilbert Ryle. The Concept of Mind (1949).
- Noam Chomsky. Rev. of Verbal Behavior, by B.F. Skinner. Language 35.1 (1959), 26–58
Categories: Literature & Fiction